More than 500 grassroots advocates responded to our survey, “Should Governor Abbott Call a Special Session to Ban Vaccine Mandates?”
Grassroots Gold hand-delivered these results to Governor Abbott on December 4th, with a cover letter that includes this summary of the survey:
Grassroots Gold just concluded a survey, asking whether you should call a 4th Special Session to specifically address banning vaccine mandates. We also asked the respondents if they were willing to commit to showing up in person at the Capitol during this special session. The full summary results are attached.
In brief, 98.64% of the 516 respondents are in favor of a 4th Special Session. Most encouraging, 41.09% (212) of the respondents confirmed “Yes” to showing up at the Capitol, with another 40.12% (207) respondents stated “Maybe” they would be able to show up at the Capitol. In total, we gathered 419 of the 516, or 81.20%, respondents indicating they either will, or they will try, to show up at the Capitol.
Our survey is not scientific, nor is it exhaustive. We believe this represents just a fraction of the true total. Grassroots Gold attended a vaccine protest rally at the Capitol in August where some 1,500 patriots showed up.
This issue may well have more consensus among Texans than any other, because of how personal it affects each of us.
Almost immediately after the Texas Legislature adjourned sine die from the 3rd Special Session, grassroots advocates, and some legislators, began calling for Governor Abbott to convene a 4th Special Session, specifically to address the Biden Administration’s COVID-19 vaccine mandates.
Grassroots Gold challenges YOU to commit to supporting a 4th Special Session to ban vaccine mandates.
- Contact your State Senator and your State Representative, by phone or email. If they support a 4th special session publicly, thank them (scroll down to see the current list of supportive legislators). If they have not yet supported a 4th special session, urge them to do so publicly (on social media). And encourage them to contact their leadership and the Governor in support of a 4th special session.
Senators Supporting the Ban
Hall, Bob (R)
Paxton, Angela (R)
Buckingham, Dawn (R)
Springer, Drew (R)
Representatives Supporting the Ban
Reminder: Legislation belongs to you. Governance is a collaborative process. Let Governor Abbott know that you plan to show up at the Capitol to support legislation to ban vaccine mandates.
This past August, some 1500 grassroots activists showed up at the Capitol in support of medical freedom. Our friends at Texans for Vaccine Freedom organized this impressive rally.
We must commit to showing up in these types of numbers again and again during a 4th special session.